This week, explore the life of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta and how God called to her.
Use the power point and research your own facts about her and create a poster.
This week, we celebrate the feast of two great saints who helped share the faith with the world, Saint Peter and Saint Paul with a liturgy. Please open 'Peter and Paul junior liturgy' PowerPoint and work your way through the slides, prayers and activity. You will need a piece of paper and something to write with.
This week we celebrate the Feast of Corpus Christi. Try to find out as much about it as you can, there are some ideas for how to celebrate on the CAFOD document below. Have some quiet prayerful time alone or prepare a Collective Worship for your family like we have practiced in school. There is a power point with a collective worship made by CAFOD attached below.
Write a short paragraph explaining to a friend what the Holy Trinity is. We celebrated the Holy Trinity this Sunday (7th).
Use this power point to help you, it explains more about the Holy Trinity.
The Ascension of Jesus
On Thursday 21st May we celebrate the Ascension of Jesus going into heaven.
Watch the video to see him ascending. Why not colour in one of the pictures of Jesus ascending or create your own craft of Jesus ascending - here are some ideas for you to create.
- Create your own prayer area or grotto in honour of Mary, inside or in the garden. There you can honour Our Lady through prayer, song or poetry.
- Research Mary a little deeper, perhaps symbolising events in Mary’s life through art.
- Research the story of Mary appearing to people, for example in Lourdes or Knock.
- Create your own collective worship; light candles, play calming music, listen to the word of God and pray together as a family. Take this time to appreciate everything you have in your life and think about how Jesus died for us and has now risen again.
- Keep a diary. Each day write what you did to live out one thing that Jesus teachers us. Say how you felt after doing that good deed and keep your diary to share with others when you return to school.
- May is the month of Mary, our mother. Familiarise yourselves with the 'Mysteries of the Rosary' and practice saying the Rosary once a day. An activity below lists all the Mysteries of the Rosary for you to learn, followed by another activity where the Mysteries have been mixed up and you need to reorganise them into the correct groups. You can also choose one of the Mysteries and retell the story of it with illustrations.