Spring 1 The Good News
This half term we are looking at The Good News.
"Jesus is sent to `preach good news to the poor`; he declaraes them blessed, for `theirs is the kingdom of heaven.` "
" Jesus shares the life of the poor, from the cradle to the cross; he experiences hunger, thirst and privation. Jesus identifies himself with the poor if every kind and makes active love toward them the condition for entering his kingdom" CCC 544
We will be exploring the following:
- Know about the Holy Family
- Reflect on Jesus being young like us
- Know that Jesus chose some helpers
- Think about what we can learn from Simon, Peter and Andrew.
- Know the story of the Ten Lepers
- Think about why it is important to say thank you.
- Know that Jesus worked a miracle to feed the hungry crowd
- Be aware that Jesus asks us to help others in need
- Know that Jesus cured a man who was paralysed.
- Reflect on the great love Jesus has for all who are sick.