Week 14 (6.7.20) Perhaps have a go at one of these.
Week 13 (29/6/20) Is your Teddy brave enough?
Week 13 (29/6/20) - Perhaps give one of these ideas a go.
Week 12 (22/6/20) Please have a go these Daily Challenges as part of Sports Week 2020
Week 10 (8/6/20) -Year 5 Challenge
How to measure your heartbeat?
Your heartbeat is also known as your pulse. You can feel your pulse by placing two fingers on the left side of your neck.
To measure how many times your heart beats in one minute. Sit down quietly.
Use a timer to count how many beats you feel in 15 seconds. Multiply this by 4. E.g: 19 beats in 15 seconds x 4 = 76.
This will give you how many heartbeats you have in a minute while you are resting, also known as your resting heartbeat.
- Measure your resting heartbeat. Record this number
- Choose an activity that will get your heart racing. Do this activity for a minute, as fast as you can.
- Now measure your heartbeat - you should see a big difference. Record your heartbeat again.
- Make sure your heartbeat has come right back down to your resting rate before trying another activity.
- Repeat the steps and measure your heartbeat against some of the activities below.