How can you alter sound?
Research how sound works and how we can hear.
- You can identify how sounds are made
- Find patterns between the pitch of a sound and features of the object that produced it.
- Find patterns between the volume of a sound and the strength of the vibrations that produced it.
- You can use things from around the house to help you with your investigating, such as saucepan lids of different sizes or elastic bands of different thicknesses.
- You could make earmuffs from a variety of different materials to investigate which provides the best insulation against sound.
- You could make and play their own instruments by using what they have found out about pitch and volume.
You can present your findings in the form of a PowerPoint presentation, notes with pictures and diagrams, a verbal presentation or any other way you can think of!