We will continue to support your child’s learning over the next weeks. Below are some suggested activities for you to do with your child and useful websites / links.
We will miss you over the next few weeks but would like you to keep busy with these activities. Enjoy this time with your families, say your prayers together every day. We will continue to pray for you all too. If you are worried, give all your worries to Jesus in prayer or song.
We hope you have lots of fun while you learn over the next few weeks
Take care of each other,
Mrs Ostmeier, Mrs Murphy & Mrs Valentine
Library books and Green Words will be changed weekly. Please remember to sign your child's reading record.
Top Tips for reading at home:
- Read 10 minutes every night with your child.
- Discuss the illustrations. What do they think is going on? Why?
- Predict what may happen? What would be good/bad etc.
- Make up alternative endings.
- Discuss what your child’s likes/dislikes are about the text.
- What did we learn from the story? Was there a moral, did it give them any information? Was it factual or a fiction story?
- Can you change your voice for all the characters?
- Be guided by your child’s interests- Read your own stories as well as school books.
- Become an explorer- Read fact, fiction, rhymes, poems, picture books.
- Ask questions about the story.
- Discuss the sequence of events. Can you recall the events?
- Most important keep it short, enjoyable and fun.