Our Expectations for Virtual Learning
Code for parents:
1. Parents are to ensure that their children are prepared for their on-line session at least 5 minutes before the start time.
2. Parents are to ensure that their children have had their breakfast before the on-line session begin.
3. Parents should not participate in the online sessions. Any questions or concerns can be sent to teachers via their emails.
Code for children:
1. Children logged on at least 5 minutes before the start time of their on-line session.
2. Children must be dressed, and ready for the day. They should not still be wearing their pyjamas.
3. Children are not to eat or drink anything other than having a bottle of water during the on-line session.
4. No background noise such as music playing or the TV on during the session.
5. Children to sit at a table where possible, not in bed or lay on the sofa etc.
6. Language must be appropriate, including any family members in the background.
7. Staff will remove any children from the online session, who are not following the guidance. A telephone call or email will be sent to parents in these circumstances.
8. Video and sound may be muted for both pupils and staff if other children in the household become unsettled or cause a disruption.
Code for staff:
1. Staff should be logged on at least 5 minutes before the start of the session.
2. A background screen should be set.
3. Staff should wear clothing suitable, professional clothing.
4. Language and behaviour must be professional and appropriate.
5. Teachers should pre-set the children’s microphones upon entry, to avoid background noise and to allow the children to prepare for the session.
6. Staff will remove any children who are not following the guidance.
7. It is important that all staff, whilst interacting with children online, continue to watch out for signs that a child is at risk. Any such concerns should be dealt with as per the Child Protection Policy.